Wednesday, 9 May 2012

The Center: English-Language Activities



As we have yet to attend a class at The Center, I asked my friend, Annie, visiting Berlin from Canada to write a short review of her experiences there....



My husband and I live in Montreal, Canada and thought we would discover Berlin for a month while I'm on
mat leave. I've been surfing the Internet to find ways to immerse myself into the city quickly. Aside from The
Expat Mummy in Berlin blog which was extremely helpful (special thanks to Melanie!), I ran into The Center: Berlin's English-Language Activity Center. The Center is the place to go if you want to meet English-speaking people. It is a genuine international activity center in the heart of Prenzlauer-Berg. They have activities for all ages, from babies to adults.

My 7 1/2 month-old daughter and I took a trial class of Baby Movement & Massage. It was probably not advanced enough for us as my little one rolls over everywhere. We still enjoyed meeting new parents and their bundles of joy. There are a variety of other classes, among others a Baby Music Class.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a cosy and relaxed atmosphere when entering the space. It's clean, you'll find a changing table and you can easily park your stroller inside.